There are a few major suppliers of food digesters in Singapore. These include:
- A-Smart Life
- Zero Waste Solution
- Ecowise Holdings
- Westcom Bio-Tech
These suppliers offer a variety of food digesters, each with its own set of features and benefits. Some of the factors to consider when choosing a food digester include the size of your operation, the type of food waste you generate, and your budget.
Here is a brief overview of each supplier:
- A-Smart Life is a Singapore-based company that specializes in the development and sale of food digesters. Their products are known for their compact size and high efficiency.
- Zero Waste Solution is another Singapore-based company that offers a range of food digesters, including both commercial and residential models. They are known for their commitment to sustainability and their focus on providing high-quality products.
- EcoWise Holdings is a Malaysian company that supplies food digesters to businesses and organizations in Singapore. They offer a variety of models to suit different needs, and they are known for their competitive pricing.
- Westcom Bio-Tech is a Singapore-based company that specializes in the development and sale of food waste recycling technologies. Their food digesters are designed to be used in commercial settings, and they are known for their ability to process large volumes of food waste quickly and efficiently.
- Enerprof is a Singapore-based company that supplies a variety of industrial equipment, including food digesters. They offer a range of models to suit different needs, and they are known for their competitive pricing.
Singapore is enforcing the use of food digesters. From 2024 onwards, large commercial and industrial food waste generators will be required to segregate their food waste for treatment. This means that they will need to install a food digester or send their food waste to an off-site facility for treatment.
The use of food digesters is a key part of Singapore’s efforts to reduce food waste. Food digesters convert food waste into biogas, which can be used to generate electricity or heat. They also produce a nutrient-rich liquid that can be used as fertilizer.
The enforcement of food digesters is expected to help Singapore reduce its food waste by 20% by 2030. This will have a significant environmental impact, as it will help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality.
Here are some of the benefits of using food digesters in Singapore:
- Reduces food waste: Food digesters convert food waste into biogas, which can be used to generate electricity or heat. This helps to reduce the amount of food waste that ends up in landfills, where it can release methane, a greenhouse gas that is 25 times more potent than carbon dioxide.
- Produces nutrient-rich liquid: The liquid produced by food digesters is a nutrient-rich fertilizer that can be used to improve soil quality. This can help to increase crop yields and reduce the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Creates jobs: The installation and operation of food digesters creates jobs in the green economy. This helps to support Singapore’s transition to a more sustainable future.
If you are a large commercial or industrial food waste generator in Singapore, you will need to start planning for the installation of a food digester or the sending of your food waste to an off-site facility for treatment. There are a number of suppliers of food digesters in Singapore, so you should be able to find one that meets your needs.
It is time for your company to looking at the types of food digester that you want to purchase and deploy at your site. You will need to look into the site constraints, work flow, environmental, financial investment and many other factors. The time is clicking and it is best that you act soon as it involves Capex budgeting for your company.
Statement on Food Waste Recycling in Singapore
The Government of Singapore is committed to reducing food waste and promoting food waste recycling. We believe that food waste is a valuable resource that can be used to generate energy, create fertilizer, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
In 2024, large commercial and industrial food waste generators will be required to segregate their food waste for treatment. This means that they will need to install a food digester or send their food waste to an off-site facility for treatment.
We are also working to educate the public about the importance of food waste recycling. We are encouraging people to compost their food waste at home, and we are working with businesses to provide food waste recycling bins in their premises.
We believe that by working together, we can reduce food waste and create a more sustainable future for Singapore.
Here are some specific actions that the government is taking to promote food waste recycling in Singapore:
- Enforcement of food waste segregation: From 2024 onwards, large commercial and industrial food waste generators will be required to segregate their food waste for treatment. This will help to reduce the amount of food waste that ends up in landfills.
- Education and awareness: The government is working to educate the public about the importance of food waste recycling. This includes providing information on how to compost food waste at home and how to dispose of food waste properly.
- Incentives: The government is providing incentives to businesses that recycle food waste. For example, businesses that install food digesters can receive a rebate from the government.
- Research and development: The government is investing in research and development to find new ways to recycle food waste. This includes research into the use of food waste to generate energy and create fertilizer.
We believe that by taking these actions, we can reduce food waste and create a more sustainable future for Singapore.