I have been playing MouseHunt for 3 months and during these duration has been reading about forums and exchanging tips with other gamers. This a guide I have found on the MouseHunt Forum which will help all new gamers out there.
1) Tacky Glue Trap vs. High Tension Spring. Tacky Glue Trap will be a better choice because the 40% Accuracy bonus will help you attract mouse. Don't worry about it if you chosen High Tension Spring already, you will change your trap in no time.
2) Stay in Town of Gnawnia using Cheddar Cheese until you are Apprentice, don't bother going to Meadow and using other cheese. You will save up gold fast this way.
3) Buy Wooden Base with Target as soon as you can afford it. The addition 20% Accuracy bonus will boost your attraction rate.
4) 500 Pound Spiked Crusher vs. Mouse Mary O'Nette. Mouse Mary O'Nette will be a better choice because it is simply more powerful, attract better and luckier. If you are using 500 Pound Spiked Crusher already, don't buy Mouse Mary O'Nette, save your gold for a better one.
5) Once you are Apprentice. Stock up Marble Cheese and travel to Harbour. You can either use your left overs Cheddar at Harbour then swtich to Marble or you can sell it to buy more Marble. Stay hunting there until you reach Journeyman.
6) Buy Stone Base as soon as you can afford it. Although this upgrade you will lose 20% Accuracy bonus, the power increase makes it a worthy upgrade.
7) Mouse Trebuchet vs. Mouse Rocketine. Mouse Trebuchet will be a better choice dispike it is less powerful. It is a more balance trap overall and it is cheaper. If you are already using Mouse Rocketine, stick with it until you can buy better.
8) Travel to Mountain once you are Journeyman, hunt with Marble until you have Swiss Army Mouse Trap and Explosive Base (Exp). You should consider changing your bait to Swiss Cheese after the upgrades if you still don't have the Laboratory Map Piece from a Ninja mouse. Or you can simply try your luck with Marble and save the gold for your next trap.
9) NVMRC Forcefield Trap (FF) vs. Mouse DeathBot (DB). FF will be a better choice. Slighty less powerful, but it is the luckiest trap you can buy now. Sometimes it seems like luck is all you need to catch a powerful mouse.
10) If you have the reach Master already and still don't have the map piece, you should really consider changing your bait to Swiss or even Brie if you are desperate although not recommended.
11) Travel to Laboratory when you reached Master and have the map. Use Swiss as your initial bait. It is very important to stock up as many cheese as possible before you goto Lab because the travel cost is very expensive. Stay hunting at Lab until you have both the Key to Digby from a Dwarf mouse and Tattered Mousoleum Cloth from a Zombie mouse.
12) While you are hunting in Lab, it is time to stock up Super|Brie+ (SB) so you can convert them to Radioactive Blue (RB) later. There are many ways to obtain SB, the easiest way is to donate, other then that, you can do buy some and win some on the fourm. BUT DON'T BEG! No one like begger!
13) Once you have obtained the key and the cloth, stay in lab untill you have at least 15 potions, if you plan to stay in Mousoleum (Moz) for awhile, you should stock up more potions, maybe around 30 or even more. Before you travel to Moz, buy a shadow trap from Town of Digby.
14) Sinister Portal (Sin) vs. Ambrosial Portal (Amb). This is very debatable, but my choice will be Sin because in Moz, I don't have any trouble attracting mouse, but I have a really hard time catching them and power is what you need to catch them. Both very similiar, doesn't really matter what you choose.
15) Try to stay as long as you can in Moz, convert your SB to RB one potion at a time, keep looking for SB until you get your Lycan mouse with Shredded Furoma Map Piece.
16) Once you have your map piece from Moz, you can either stay in Moz until you reach Grandmaster. Or if you hate looking for SB on the forum, you should use up all your SB then move to lab until you are Grandmaster.
17) I don't recommend you hunt at Trainning Ground (TG) without a Digby Drillbot (DDB). I had really bad time at TG using DB, not sure how well will FF do.
Note: These are tips which I found on forum and you can choose to follow or not to. All the best to all MouseHunt Gamers.
2 thoughts on “MouseHunt Game Guide”
Above all else when playing this game..take a lot of time in each area of the game. Demands for gold/potions etc increase dramatically. As a novice and apprentice you will most likely get bored…adapt to the time it takes, doing so will ultimately serve you with the gameplay as more and more time and gold are needed in other areas of the game.
Use Marble at 10%, helps you gain more exp
Use Swiss @ 50%
And get the freakin Crusher
NO STONE BASE EXPLOSIVE BASE
Borrow from friends. Offer to pay 15k more than what you borrowed
don’t buy NVMRC waste of money. GET THE VMT