The below are the two (2) main training service provider for the Energy Manager Course in Singapore.
The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES) Academy offers the Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM) Programme. This is a professional-level course that covers the fundamentals of energy management, as well as the skills and knowledge required to manage and track energy usage in organizations.
Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore (SEAS) also offers the SCEM Programme. In addition to the core modules, SEAS also offers elective modules that focus on specific areas of energy management, such as energy auditing and energy contracting.
What are the criteria to choose the training service providers?
There are a few criteria you can consider when choosing between IES and SEAS to study:
- Course modules and topics covered: Both IES and SEAS offer the SCEM Programme, which covers the fundamentals of energy management. However, SEAS also offers elective modules that focus on specific areas of energy management, such as energy auditing and energy contracting. If you are interested in specializing in a particular area of energy management, SEAS may be a better choice for you.
- Mode of delivery: IES offers the SCEM Programme in a classroom-based format, while SEAS offers both classroom-based and online formats. If you prefer to learn in a classroom setting, IES may be a better choice for you. If you are flexible with your learning style, SEAS may be a better choice for you.
- Assessment methods: IES uses a combination of written exams and practical exercises to assess students. SEAS uses a combination of written exams, practical exercises, and case studies to assess students. If you prefer a more traditional assessment method, IES may be a better choice for you. If you prefer a more hands-on assessment method, SEAS may be a better choice for you.
- Career prospects: Both IES and SEAS have a good reputation in the energy management industry. However, IES may have a slight edge in terms of career prospects, as they have a larger network of alumni and employers. If you are concerned about your career prospects, IES may be a better choice for you.
- Cost: The cost of the SCEM Programme at IES and SEAS is similar. However, there may be additional costs associated with the elective modules offered by SEAS. If you are on a budget, IES may be a better choice for you.
Ultimately, the best way to choose between IES and SEAS is to consider your individual needs and preferences. If you are still unsure, you can contact both institutions to inquire about the SCEM Programme and to get more information.
Here is a table summarizing the criteria you can consider:
Please do the research to make an informed choice. I have personally chosen SEAS as their customer supports is fast and in a timely manner. IES customer support for the SCEM course was slow and needs constant reminder to reply their email when I contact them in 2022.