HTC Desire HD is a fully customizable phone and you can tweak it using the settings to your likes. Do not worry if you have done the wrong things, as you can return it to the default factory settings.
Pls take note that we are not responsible for any data deleted from your HTC Desire HD. This process may or may not delete data on your Micro SD Card. Pls remember to backup any important data that u may have on your phone.
Users who are using Google to sync your Gmail,Contacts,Calendar and Docs will not loose any data as they are stored in the cloud(server).
Factory Reset of HTC Desire HD
- From the main Home screen, tap Menu
- Tap Settings, then SD & phone storage
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If this does not resolve your problem, then hard reset it,
- Turn the power off. If your HTC Desire HD is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
All data including third party apps on your HTC Desire HD will be deleted from the HTC Desire HD.
Once the process is complete, the HTC Desire HD will be like a new one out from the factory.