SGH DAY 2

The doctor has informed us that my father condition is complicated and critical. The water are present both at the lung and the heart area. A decision will need to be make later on whether to remove the water as there are some risk involved. A Cardiologist will be checking his condition in the afternoon before we are ask to make a decision.
If his condition can be stabilise, he will need to be move to a step down facility like a hospice or community hospital.
My dad underwent a simple procedure to remove water near the heart in the evening time. It took 1 hour and it was a success. He will be staying at CCU(high dependency) for at least one night before going back to the normal ward.
My advise to all my friends who are smoker to quit now before anything happen to you. My dad was a smoker for more than 30 years and only quit after diagnosis of lung cancer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *